Why Work with Ironwood Capital
We know Facility Services
We believe the Facility Services space represents an ideal opportunity to partner private capital with proven management teams to achieve excellent outcomes. The industry is comprised of a series of sub-categories, each with its own unique characteristics. Because we understand the industry and many of these sub-categories, we can be flexible in underwriting and structuring transactions that lead to long-term relationships with our portfolio companies.
- The Ironwood Capital team has more than two decades of investment experience in the Facility Services sector.
- Our experience offers management teams and business owners a combination of intelligent capital and strategic advisory expertise.
- We invest non-control capital in the form of subordinated debt and preferred stock in amounts ranging from $8 million to $25 million.
- We work with companies within the Facility Services sector to support business owners and financial sponsors in growth financings, full and partial recapitalizations, generational transitions and buyouts. We work with a diverse group of businesses in the sector, which encompasses two categories: soft services such as Exterior Building Services, Guard and Parking Management, Janitorial Services, Landscaping, Laundry/Linen Services and Environmental Services; and hard services that include Elevator & Mechanical Systems, HVACR, Fire & Life Safety, Security Systems & Asset Protection, Plumbing and Electrical, and Signage & Lighting.
If your company meets our Facility Services investment criteria, please contact us:
- REVENUES: $20 million to $200 million
- EBITDA: $4 million to $15 million, with margins of 10% or better
- MANAGEMENT TEAMS: Proven management teams with a significant equity stake
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES: Growing market share with sustainable margins
- CAPITAL STRUCTURE: Adequate liquidity, capitalized for growth
- STABILITY: Three years of positive EBITDA with strong forward visibility
- CASH FLOW DIVERSIFICATION: By customer, product line and channel
Benefits Derived from Junior Capital
Junior capital allows business owners to achieve their objectives, without giving up control. The benefits of junior capital include:
- Patient Capital: No amortization allows for reinvestment in growth
- Long-term horizon: Typical investment horizon of 5+ years
- Flexible use of proceeds: Including “chips off the table”
- Less dilutive or non-dilutive: Less dilutive than an equity-only solution
- Improved bankability: Banks view institutional junior capital favorably
Ironwood Capital Facility Services Investments
|Landscaping||Southern Design, headquartered in Cumming, Georgia, is a homebuilding service provider of landscaping and concrete services throughout the Atlanta, Georgia market.||TBD|
|Janitorial Services||National Janitorial Solutions is a leading national janitorial services and facilities maintenance business servicing 15,000 plus locations nationwide. The company offers facility services to clients in the commercial office, industrial, healthcare, medical, retail, educational, and manufacturing industries through a self-perform and independent service provider model.||www.natjan.com|
|Laundry, Linen & Uniform||New England Linen Supply Company rents and sells textile and linen products to Northeastern foodservice companies. The Company offers a broad line of garments, table linens and other related products to organizations seeking convenient, cost effective linen products. The Company also provides logo design, image programs, and party rental linens for catering departments.||www.nelinen.com|
|Plumbing & Electrical||Based in Seattle, Washington, Peltram Plumbing is a bi-coastal plumbing services provider in the residential and commercial construction market.||www.peltramplumbing.com|
|HVACR||Air Temp Mechanical Services, Inc. is a full-service mechanical contractor known for excellence in design/build, service, maintenance, controls, retrofits, replacements and energy management systems.||www.ctairtemp.com|
|Security Systems & Asset Protection||Founded in 2001, My Alarm Center is a regional security alarm company formed in 2001 specializing in the acquisition and management of seasoned security alarm contracts.||www.myalarmcenter.com|
|Founded in 1988, SAFE Security® consistently ranks among the top 25 largest security alarm companies in the United States and is one of the few fully national alarm companies with operations in 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. SAFE’s platform includes an experienced management team, wholly-owned central monitoring station, an active dealer program, authorized national service provider network and the resource infrastructure to provide business and account management services.||www.safesecurity.com|
|C.O.P.S. Monitoring is a leading wholesale alarm monitoring company serving as a third-party central station that receives and responds to signals transmitted from various types of alarm systems on behalf of its customer base of independent retail alarm dealers. C.O.P.S. has been providing alarm monitoring services since 1978.||Copsmonitoring.com|
|Environmental Services||Boston Carting Services (BCS), headquartered in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, provides non-hazardous solid waste and recycling collection services in the Greater Boston market.||www.jawdirect.com|
|Founded in 1997, Pete & Pete Container Services, Inc. is a family-owned waste container and disposal service provider, providing construction and demolition, roll-off containers, municipal solid waste, front load containers and recycling services to residential, commercial and industrial customers, throughout Northeast Ohio.||www.peteandpeteinc.com|
|LRS is North America’s seventh largest privately held waste and recycling company. For more than 20 years, LRS has specialized in providing comprehensive, fully integrated waste diversion and recycling services. LRS offers: affordable roll-off container services, C&D recycling, portable restroom rentals, municipal and commercial street sweeping, mulch distribution, on-site storage and temporary fencing. LRS owns and operates 18 facilities, safely deploys a fleet of fuel-efficient trucks, and thrives on the passion of more than 1,200 full-time employees.||www.LRSrecycles.com|
|Red River is a leading solid waste management and recycling company specializing in residential, commercial and industrial solid waste collection, hauling and landfill management.||www.rubbishandrecycling.com|
|Lewis Clark Recycling & Disposal is a solid waste management company headquartered in Harrisburg, Illinois providing non-hazardous solid waste collection and disposal services to the southern Illinois and greater Omaha markets.||www.lewisclarkwaste.com|
|City Carting is a full service non-hazardous solid waste collection and recycling collection company, servicing Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County, NY. City’s services include municipal solid waste collection, construction and demolition and recycling collection.||www.citycarting.net|
|Gold Medal Services LLC is among the largest independent providers of reliable, quality non-hazardous solid waste management services with operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. The company offers a complete range of integrated services to residential, commercial and industrial customers.||www..goldmedal.net|
|Action Carting is a New York Business Integrity Commission approved and licensed full service non-hazardous solid waste and recycling collection company, servicing Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. Action’s services include municipal solid waste collection, construction and demolition and recycling collection.||www.actioncarting.com|
|Interstate Waste Services is a leading non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling and disposal operator servicing the Northern New Jersey and the lower Hudson Valley region.||www.interstatewaste.com|