Ironwood Capital provides vital growth and transition capital to growing, well-managed middle market companies.
Ironwood invests the majority of its capital in middle market companies in the form of mezzanine capital, typically subordinated debt with warrants and often complemented with an investment in preferred stock. Investment amounts range from $5 to $20 million in companies across a broad spectrum of industries with a particular interest and expertise in precision manufacturing, environmental services and business-to-business services. In addition, we can, with our investment partners, invest amounts significantly in excess of $20 million. It is our goal to be a value added partner to equity sponsors. While most investments are in companies east of the Mississippi, including Connecticut, many investments are made elsewhere in the country.
- REVENUES: $20 million to $200 million
- EBITDA: $3 million to $15 million, with margins of approximately 10% or better
- INDUSTRY: Agnostic, but with deep experience in recurring revenue business service models, environmental services and precision manufacturing
- MANAGEMENT TEAMS: Proven management teams with a significant equity stake and a clear alignment of interests
- DEMONSTRATED COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES: Growing market share with sustainable margins
- CAPITAL STRUCTURE: Adequate liquidity, capitalized for growth
- STABILITY: Three years of positive EBITDA with strong forward visibility
- CASH FLOW DIVERSIFICATION: By customer, product line and channel